Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Analysis #3, Heroes and the Cult of Celebrity



Analysis #3 , Online Dating, Heroes and Culture Celebrity  

What theories seem to apply to your popular culture topic?
     Since my topic is Online dating is hard for me to realize or determent who is a hero? , In other words is just hard to determent  what is a hero in the online dating word. In my opinion and I will probably sound weird by saying that I been call many time a hero by my own drunk buddies, the reason why is because not everybody has hardly travel 10,000 miles by plane to meet someone face to face after only 6 months  … now let me explain my rationality .. I meet my wife using the internet and phone calls , I never been outside USA, Ecuador or England prior to meeting  my wife.  After talking with her online and over the phone for over 6 months I decided to go to her home country and meet her… Tashkent , Uzbekistan ( Ex Soviet Republic), which  is not like flying to England it took me close to 2 days to get there. My itinerary was Columbus-New York-London-Paris-Yaravan (Armenia) – Tashkent (Uzbekistan) …  16 hours in a plane and 6 hours waiting for my fly made this trip an “Epic” trip.
     To simplify my idea and interpretation, the person who has the skill and desire to meet someone across the ocean and has no fear to get lost and shows a pure spirit of bravery is simply a hero.
      In the Online Dating circle, not because I did it but is not an easy thing to do, therefore my analysis can point out only to two things:

  • 1)      Heroes are the ones that risk themselves in pursue of happiness and adventures
  • 2)      Heroes are the ones that has dedicated their time, ideas and effort  to make possible the idea of online dating. .

    • How do these theories describe, analyze or evaluate the topic you have selected?
     I think that my topic is evaluated on a way that it shows that in the online dating businesses you need to have some courage , desire and bravery to risk and move forward with you goal , those are qualities that people needs to have in order to risk themselves .
Now, in other scenario the cult  of the celebrity is just unique   with the exceptions of the creators of matching websites most of the users tend to keep a low profile, I don’t think the cult of celebrity exist in online dating.   
    • What insights do you gain from applying these theories to your popular culture topic?
     The only inside that I can think of is the fact that everybody can be a hero, when you meet someone while you are in Columbus and your match lives in Australia , it takes some dedication and bravery to go there and meet that person, therefore I think that under my topic “ Online Dating”  anybody can be a hero.


No comments:

Post a Comment